- Insulin Receptors in Diabetes and Other Conditions, American Journal of Medicine, New England Journal of Medicine, Vol. 67, pp. 913-915, Felig, P. and V. Soman.
- Increased Insulin Sensitivity and Insulin Binding Sites to Monocytes Physical Training, New England Journal of Medicine, Vol. 301, pp 1200-1204, Nov. 1979.
- Increased Glucose Transport – Phosphorylation and Muscle Glycogen Synthesis After Exercise Training in Insulin Resistant Subjects, New England Journal of Medicine, Vol. 335, pp. 1357-1362, 1996, P. Gianluca, T.B. Price, K.F. Petersen, M. Roden, G.W. Cline, K. Gerow, D.L. Rothman and G.I. Shulman.
- Physical Activity and Reduced Occurrence of Non-Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus, New England Journal of Medicine, Vol. 324, pp. 147-152, Jul. 18 1991, Helmrich, S.P., D.R. Ragland, R.W. Leung and R. S. Paffenbarger Jr.
- Fuel Homeostasis in Exercise, New England Journal of Medicine, Felig P and J. Wahren, Vol 293, pp. 1078-1084, Nov. 20, 1975.
For more information regarding Honolulu Marathon Clinic, see Sports Illustrated Article “The Rules of the Road” by Olympic Marathon Kenny Moore (February 27, 1978).